Why Get a Metal Roofing Installation in Durham Region?
- Metal roofing is becoming more popular in Durham Region as homeowners are looking to improve their homes
- The main benefit of metal roofing is that it is maintenance-free
- Some of the myths of metal roofing installation are simply not true – they are not more expensive (based over time), are not more noisy and properly installed a metal roof is energy efficient
True North Eavestroughing is quietly becoming the leader in metal roofing installation in Durham Region. It has been a natural progression from our present product line and a great opportunity to leverage our expertise from working with aluminum gutters, soffit and fascia. Our team is tops when it comes to installing metal roofs!
Over the years of installing eavestroughs, we have seen the deterioration of shingles and the problems they cause for your gutters and downspouts. So now we are providing a well needed service for some of our customers. We’ve done a number of homes, cottages, barns and yes, even the odd shed.
The Benefits of a Metal Roof
There are a number of reasons for metal roofing installation in Durham Region:
- Steel or metal roofing is maintenance-free, strong and durable;
- Metal Roofing is also available in large number of colours; (see below)
- Our sheet metal is of 29 gauge high-intensity steel;
- Our metal roofing comes with a 40 year paint warranty.
One of the myths of metal roofing is that it’s too expensive. While the material and labour initially cost more than installing asphalt shingles, the long-term cost savings are significant. A metal roof will last two to three times as long as an asphalt roof. And because of this, a metal roof will increase the re-sale value of your home. Something to think about.
Another advantage of a metal roof is that it will reflect solar energy, keeping energy costs down and your home cool in the summer. In fact, studies have shown that metal roofs painted with highly emissive coatings can reflect as much as 90% of solar radiation, helping reduce cooling costs by as much as 40%. This is huge!
Some people also think that steel roofs are noisy. Not true. Once installed most homeowners can’t hear the difference from their old asphalt shingles. Oh sure, you can hear the pitter patter of rain on a steel roof of a barn – because of the hollowness of the barn design – but a home with an attic and proper insulation will not be noisier than asphalt shingles.
With over 20 years of experience in the eavestroughing business , we will install your metal roof with the same care, quality and service that has made us number one with our customers.